Global Certifications In Project Management
PMP and PRINCE2 certifications are two different project management frameworks. Both offer a body of knowledge and a proven approach for managing projects effectively. Picking one over the other is a decision that involves a number of factors. The ideal choice should be based on the industry or company you are aiming to build a career in and the type of project you’re planning to lead or direct.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a globally acknowledged professional certification that validates a professional’s education and experience in project management. This coveted credential is offered by the reputed Project Management Institute to professionals who qualify in the PMP Exam conducted by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The “PRojects IN Controlled Environments” (PRINCE2) for short has become one of the most popular and widely used project management methodologies available today. Employed by both the public and private sectors, it has become the de-facto standard for project management. Prince2 is a project management methodology aimed at improving not only your project management skills but also your chances as a prospective employee. Nowadays many organizations look for individuals with Prince2 expertise as they are often required to control, organize and manage projects.
The PMP® certification is preferred mostly in North America and US dominated market. On the other hand PRINCE2 is majorly recognized in UK, Europe and Australia. However, they both have equal weightage in Canada, Middle East and African continent.
1. Anyone who wants the freedom to work anywhere in the world. The PMP is one of those credentials whose reputation precedes them, recognized and sought-after the world over (there are more than 760,000 PMP certified professionals worldwide as of May 2017). Achieving the PMP certification helps professionals demonstrate and showcase their skills and expertise to potential employers across the globe.
2. PMP Certification opens up better career avenues and provides professionals with greater job opportunities in the project management world. According to a PricewaterhouseCoopers survey, 80% of high-performing projects use PMP credentialed project managers; according to the PMI Pulse of the Profession study, organizations with more than 35% PMP certified project managers demonstrated much better project performance than those without a certification.
3. The PMP certification is an ideal bet for all project managers in various professional fields, including IT/ITES Projects, Telecom, Aeronautics, Civil Engineering, Government Research and Development, to name a few…
- Better control and use of resources
- A means for managing risks and issues
- Flexible decision points
- Regular reviews of progress against the project plan and business case
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
- Good communications between the project team and other stakeholders
- A mechanism for managing deviations from the project plan
- Early visibility of possible problems
If you are considering working towards your PMP or PRINCE2 exam, GVS Technosoft provides a specialist level in-site on the various parameters of the process functions and service transition flow of the scenarios you have to undertake. We have included ITIL, ITSM, and ISO standards to improve multiple business processes. Many of our clients have consulted on their project enhancement and work efficiency improvement.
For more information, Visit www.gvstechnosoft.com
Article by GVS Technosoft | email:firstname.lastname@example.org | ph: +91 40-65286529
January 18, 2018
January 12, 2018
January 11, 2018